It seems like everyone, at some point in their lives, will experience some degree of pain in the lower back. For some, it’s just a twinge after lifting something heavy, shoveling snow, hauling wood or doing too much yard work. For others, that first twinge turns into chronic pain that can interfere with sleep, standing, sitting, activity, exercise or work, causing them to seek some kind of treatment. If you’ve never had back pain before, your first thought might be to mention it to your doctor. He or she might prescribe ice, rest and a non-steroidal ant-inflammatory drug (aspirin, ibuprofen, acetominophen), or might order an x-ray or MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging, a test that provides a much more detailed image than x-ray), or refer you to a Physical Therapist, Orthopedic Surgeon or Pain Specialist.
Unfortunately, it’s unlikely that he or she will suggest that you try Cbd Oil for pain, (find cannabis oil for sale here) The use of cannabis for pain relief dates back to ancient China, according to a report published in the journal Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research. It’s thought that CBD oil might help ease chronic pain in part by reducing inflammation. In addition, CBD oil is said to promote sounder sleep and, in turn, treat sleep disruption commonly experienced by people with chronic pain. Contact Swell CBD to learn more on CBD product usage. Acupuncture until you have exhausted more conventional therapies. many others going through chronic back pain for a number of reasons:
- Acupuncture is much more effective when used as an early treatment for any kind of pain – the longer you wait to get treatment for pain, the more likely it is to become chronic.
- You do not need a specific diagnosis for your back pain in order to get relief from acupuncture – while you are waiting for a diagnosis to be made, acupuncture can provide pain relief.
- Recent clinical research has shown acupuncture to be more effective in treating back pain than conventional therapies, including surgery. This is too bad since it’s been an effective treatment for this Bulging disc recovery story
- The risk of side effects from acupuncture are minimal, especially when compared to the side effects of painkillers, anti-inflammatories, injections and surgery.
- Results can be immediate – I have seen many patients walk out feeling 25-50% better after just one treatment.
- Acupuncture is a great adjunct to just about any other treatment: chiropractic, massage therapy, physical therapy, etc.
We also offer free consultations, over the phone or in person, to answer your questions and help you figure out if acupuncture is the right treatment for you.
Ready to make an appointment? Click here to make one online or call our office at 924-6624.